Now that we are coming into the crisp autumn, winter colds season here. Here is an immune system boosting recipe to help fight those awful colds and keep the sniffles at bay.
- Fresh 25g fresh turmeric chopped
- with 100g fresh Ginger chopped
- in 2 litres water and leave to simmer for 1 hour
- Decant and pour in a tablespoon or 2 of honey
- stir in the juice of 1 lemon
- and juice of 1 blood orange (optional)
Pour in to container and store in fridge to drink daily as shots
With the leftover ginger and turmeric pour water over and simmer for 20 min and drink warm throughout the day as a glorious tea.